Serving Jefferson City Since 1925
We were founded as the Jefferson City Lions Club in 1925, the same year that Helen Keller challenged Lions at the international convention in Ohio to be "Knights of the Blind". True to that challenge, sight conservation and eye research remains one of our major priorities.
Service to our local community and especially the youth is our hallmark, with 100% of the profits from our projects going back into the community. Our Lions Club actually established and maintained the first parks in Jefferson City and helped create the current Park Board.
As the initial Lions Club in central Missouri we sponsored, or hosted, many other area Lions Clubs, earning us the Host Club designation which our name now signifies. We proudly share with our neighbor clubs the "We Serve" community service motto common to Lions Clubs everywhere.